Muro Lucano

Genealogical Website

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Record Dates

John Supino

Can anyone provide information regarding efforts, if any, to expand the timeline in either direction beyond the 1810-1860 window currently in the database?  There is an amazing wealth of information here, but for me at least, some key pieces are missing on either side of the current time frame.

John Supino

June 3, 2010 at 3:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

murolucano
Site Owner

Ancestry.com has death records from 1925 to 1938  for Muro. 

There is also a Catasti Onciari, which is a type of census that was performed in the 1740s.  However, it will likely be difficult to bridge directly to it unless you had an ancestor that died near 1809 and lived a long life.

If anyone goes to Muro and can photograph some of the church records in the late 1800s, that would allow us to add to the database.

We are not sure if there are any church records before 1809.

--
November 18, 2010 at 8:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie532

Records after 1860 and older than 70 years old [privacy law restriction] can be requested from the Muro Lucano civil records office.

What was microfilmed was the Napoleonic civil records which were kept from their beginning in 1810 to the Unification of Italy in 1860.  Any records prior to 1810 will be ecclesiastical besides military or notarial records.

January 4, 2011 at 12:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LORETTA

I can't find my grandparents who were born inMuro from 1894-1896.  Does it not go back that far. I am trying to get surnames from their parents so I can go back further.;)

--
March 5, 2011 at 1:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nancy Cipollo

We just found a document that identified my great gradfather as Luigi Cipolla born in Muro  in 1842. It shows that his parents are unkown. We also found on the Baptimal record a notation that he married Maria Trotto in in 1871. Where do I go to try and find a record of the marriage. We are hoping that maybe further information regarding his birth would be available on that record. Was he an orphan and given the Cipolla name? I am also trying to find a death record. We know his wife Maria Trotta died in the U.S. in 1935. We also found her on a 1910 census living with her son and it indicates she is a widow. On the cenus it states that she immigrated in 1900 but I can't find her name on a manifest. I think maybe she came to the U.S. and tha Luigi may have died in Muro. Where can I write to get some Muro info regarding A 1871 marriage and a possible death record on Luigi? Any help is apprrciated

January 14, 2012 at 12:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter Cannella

I am looking for information on the Cannella family in Muro Lucano.  My grandfather, Michael Cannella, was born there in 1891.  His parents were Pio Cannella and Maria DiGirolamo.  I know his grandfather was Vincenzo Cannella but I cannot get back any further.  I know there is a Tummillo/Zampino/Galella connection.  Can anyone help?

Peter Cannella

--
January 15, 2012 at 8:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.